Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The Last Post

So I think I am done with blogging. At least on this site and for some time. I have an idea for a theme specific blog that I may start in the near future, but we'll see.

I have to say this has been an interesting experience. I have had a tremendous amount of very positive feedback and some wonderful discussions about things that I have posted. I have also had some not-so positive feedback as well but when you are willing to stand up, state your position and then stand willing to defend it; you are bound to get some people taking anonymous shots at you.

Sadly most of the negative came from a couple of folks at work. I know who they are and it isn't important. They seemed to take great delight in spreading tales of what they read in my blog which oddly enough had very little to do with what I actually said in my blog. Fortunately the positive far out-weighs the negative; even from my co-workers.

When I sat down to think about why I was really stopping (or pausing maybe), I think the biggest reason was I missed actual discussion. It's great for someone to say "Hey I read your blog and thought it was great." Or "I think you're way off base, let's sit and talk about it". I would always rather the discussion. I would always rather sit and talk with a person or persons than just read about their opinions.

Almost everyone that knows me knows that it is very true I am loud and opinionated. But I also love spirited discussion and can (if the counter-argument is good enough) even have my opinion changed.

Before I sign off I will leave you with a quote from Hubert H. Humphrey (38th Vice-President of the USA) who said that
"Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and
debate.


My thanks to all who have read.

Be well all.