Monday, December 04, 2006

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

So I am now starting to feel slightly Christmas-y. Wanna know why?

It's not that I have purchased most of the presents I am buying this year (being married means I only buy for Jaci and she takes care of everyone else!). I even have those presents wrapped! Normally I shop on the 23rd of December and the wrapping has in the past just been a tightly tied shopping bag (from the store where I bought the gift).

It's not that we have our Christmas tree up. Gary and Jaci put it up one night after I went to bed and then decorated it some time later (avec wrapped presents). It's a sad tree. Jaci's parents bought it when Jaci was born and she insisted she take it with her when they bought a new one. It's just a taller version of Charlie Brown's, but Jaci loves it.

It's not that we attended our first advent meeting at church (not the first advent, just the first one we attended). Pernell talked about the magi (or the "maggie as he called them once) and the gifts they brought. Personally I like the gold best because really, what are you going to do with scented candles and embalming spice?

It's not even that 97.3 FM has been playing non-stop Christmas music for a couple of weeks now. We have to listen to it whenever Jaci is in the car.

What is really putting me into the Christmas mood is the fact that we are currently, right this second, getting some honest to goodness, wipe off the car and get the shovel SNOW! I don't know about where you are living, but right here we are having a wonderful snowfall, not too heavy but constant.

So Jaci and I have the lights on the Christmas tree, we each have a mug of hot chocolate and we are going to enjoy the evening together.

I hope you are having as much fun as I am.

Happy ho-ho everyone!