Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My Blog

So I thought I would take a few moments to explain my blog, why I do things a particular way and not others and so forth. My first disclaimer is: I believe that your personal blog is just that, yours and personal. Do with it what you will and so long as you are getting something out of it, that's what it's all about. My second disclaimer is that there are no absolutes. Just because I say "I don't do....." doesn't mean I haven't or I won't. It's just a general rule.

First about my blog that you should know that I don't blog as a diary of my day to day life. That may change once we have kids because it can be an excellent record of the day to day activities of children that can have a nasty habit of appearing as wedding stories. My blog is usually about something that is on my mind; be it a news story, an observation, or other things of that ilk.

Second is my blog title. It is in no way egomaniacal or narcissistic. My first blog details why I chose my title and if you are curious, please by all means check it out.

Third is the look. Simply put, I don't know how to change it. Pernell has promised to help me if we can ever jive our schedules. So for now, it will continue to look as it always does.

Next is timing. I try to blog about once a week; that's been my plan from the start. Sometimes it's more, sometimes less but overall I do OK. In just about 40 weeks (total) of blogging this makes entry number 55. Also, blogging for me is almost an event. I make tea, formulate what I want to say (I've usually been thinking about it for some time anyway), sit down and blog. The blog process for me is at least an hour, usually closer to two.

Finally, I think, are the comments. I enjoy getting comments, but do not respond to them on my blog. Given the choice, I always prefer face to face conversation. Please don't be upset or offended. This is not likely going to change either. Also with comments, please affix your name. It doesn't have to be a real name but I do want to know where the comment is coming from. My mother-in-law for example doesn't use her name but I know what name she uses. If the comment is negative and has no traceable name, it gets deleted.

I have no problems with people disagreeing with me. I rather enjoy spirited discussion. As an example, Steve C. and I had a great talk over an issue we have opposing views on. Neither of us changed the others mind even one iota, but it was still a great discussion.

So to sum it all up....I enjoy blogging and I hope you enjoy what I write about. I am rather enjoying doing it and hope to continue for a long while. Hopefully one day soon, Pernell and I can sit down and jazz it up a little.

Thanks for stopping by.