Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Definately a wreck; try not to stare.

Third post in a week; I think I may be setting a new personal record!

Anyhoo.... Do you ever get the feeling that you need to be doing something else? Something different? Put a new spin to an old method maybe? Not change everything, just tweak things a little; or add something new. I don't quite know how to explain it but I have been feeling for a little while that there might be something missing or incomplete in my life.

Don't get me wrong, I know that I have a wonderful life and am truly blessed. I have my health (reasonably so at any rate), I have a beautiful wife that I love more than anything else, I have a career that I love, great friends, cats who ignore me and a dog that likes to dive bomb my nads. What else could there be? There will be kids at some point but not now, Jac and I are still exploring the husband and wife bit and kids will come. So I don't know what it is.

I just feel that there's a hole where something ought to be. I cannot, however quite put my finger on it.

What I have done is added some new outings to my (and our) schedule. Jen and I are starting up the pup nights. I would say "again", but I have never had the chance to attend one so its all new ground for me. I have also volunteered to be the "point man" for the Wednesday night FRWY dinner/discussion group.

In addition to this, I sent an email to Fred Eisenberger volunteering to help in his mayoral race. Mainly because I know Fred and he's a good guy. I also think he's the best man for the job. To date I haven't heard back from him which is disappointing, but c'est la vie.

Tonight I was talking to Mark in our usual bi-weekly meeting and the idea came up for a "Bible Study for Dummies" which I would be interested in attending. He tells me that it is distinctly possible for this to occur.

So where am I going with this train wreck of a blog? Really, I have no idea.

My life is busy, and it will get intentionally busier; but I still feel like there is something not there. I have thoughts on the matter but they are, thus far, far too personal and new to share in this kind of format. I still haven't thought everything through in my own little mind.

Onto a somewhat relevant tangent. I was listening to music while walking tonight and the following lyrics from a Wicked song stuck with me:
"It's time to trust my instincts / close my eyes and leap!
It's time to try defying gravity."

Stay tuned.