Wednesday, June 14, 2006

How bright am I?

Normally I don't post about stuff that happens to me during the routine course of existence, but I thought that this should be an exception.

As most of my loyal reader base knows, the love of my life went in for surgery on the 31st of May. In order to properly care for her afterwards, I planned to take a week off work and during that time her sister Talie came down from Kingston for a week to help as well. Turns out that I took almost an entire second week off because my love wasn't healing as well as I would like so I didn't feel comfortable leaving her, even with Talie there.

So my first shift back to work was a night shift on Monday the 12th. I went in to work for an 1830h start time and as is par for the course, we were sent on a call around 1835h. I pull the ambulance up to the front door of an apartment (and here comes the good part), as I get out of the cab, I step on something, my ankle goes in a very unnatural direction and I'm now off work until Friday with a sprained ankle.

So to sum up, after being off for almost two weeks, my first call of my first shift I sprain my ankle without even SEEING a patient! Really, how bright am I?

My ankle is healing nicely now and the only thing left is for the big bruise on my ego to go away. Luckily my ego is big enough that I don't really notice the odd bruise! HA!

I hope all is well with you folks.

Cheers!