Thursday, March 09, 2006

It's a dog eat dog world!


So last night was Chewie's "Graduation" from Grade One training (Jaci will blog on that later). Before we went to that we went over to my work partner's house for dinner. We were to return to Darren's after graduation because he and his wife had tickets to the Great Big Sea concert (actually he had the tickets and he opted to take his wife and not me, his partner-shocking I know). At any rate Darren suggested we bring Chewie to meet his dog Rosco.

I was leery. Chewie so far hasn't done remarkably well around other dogs. However, I know Rosco well and he's a very good natured and well trained mutt (I say mutt only because he has at least 6 discernible breeds in him). Rosco really is a great dog, and added to that Darren has a two year old son (Liam-one of the cutest I've ever seen!) and Rosco is very good with the toddler. So we decide that it's probably a good idea to introduce the two of them.

To make a long story short, after a few minutes of nervousness (mostly mine) Chewie and Rosco became fast friends. Almost to the point that it's too bad they're both fixed.